What an odd test – a gentleman is someone who can undo a bra with one hand? Really?
I looked up the definition of a gentleman in the Oxford dictionary, and it says: a gentleman is someone who is chivalrous, courteous, and honourable.
Interesting. However, if I were to try and conjure one up in my mind he would have to pass this test:
- Has principles and can make up his own mind.
- Has goals and opinions.
- Keeps his word.
- Has an open mind and faces life’s surprises with a calm fortitude.
- Treats everyone with the utmost respect, regardless of nationality, gender, race, religion and station in life.
- Familiar with social norms and conducts himself with grace.
- As comfortable with leisure as he is with work.